Since 2005, we have been performing all types of vision correction surgeries on patients of all ages.
The vision of VIDIM Eye Centre is to become a widely recognized and established eye centre in the field of vision correction surgery, other eye surgeries, diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases.
Professionalism and successful outcomes
We offer all methods of vision correction for patients of all ages. All procedures are carried out according to the latest international standards. We are a Carl ZEISS reference centre for eye surgery in the region. We have been certified by the American Accreditation Commission International (AACI). We are also ISO 9001/2008 certified by the Swiss certification body QS Zürich AG.
We have four state-of-the-art outpatient clinics and two state-of-the-art operating theatres.
The Eye Centre comprises an outpatient and surgical facility, as well as the VIDIM Optika, selling corrective glasses, sunglasses and lenses.
The patient always comes first!
When deciding which procedure is best for an individual, we always try to put ourselves in the patient’s shoes and adhere to our vision and principle: “What is good for the patient is good for me.”
The mission of VIDIM Eye Center is to provide quality specialist eye care services.
VIDIM’s vision is to become an internationally recognized and established eye center in the field of vision correction surgery, other eye surgeries, diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases.
Mutual respect and trust, professionalism, quality, safety, privacy, accountability and modern technology.
1. Safe and high-quality treatment of patients
2. Patient satisfaction
DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
3. Continuous professional development
4. Employee satisfaction
5. Increasing the share of self-funding patients
6. Providing modern technological equipment and treatment methods
7. Developing and improving the quality management system
8. Financially sustainable operations
All employees are consistently implementing the strategic goals, and thus continuously improving the current requirements.
Your eyesight is your decision, let us make it our concern.
Which examinations do you offer at your clinic?
Outpatient clinic ophthalmic services at VIDIM Eye Surgery Centre include:
– eye examination for glasses
– eye examination for contact lenses
– eye pressure measurement
– fundus examination
– extended eye examination (vision,fundus, eye pressure)
– visual field test
– examination for drivers of all categories
– insurer examination
– pre refractive surgery examination and opinion
– special eye examinations (OCT, Pentacam, iTrace, Endothelial microscope, IOL Master)
– regular periodic examinations for companies or groups
What are the waiting times if I have been referred to you by my GP?
Waiting times for appointments covered by health insurance depend on the level of urgency indicated by your personal physician on the referral form:
– URGENT: within 24 hours
– FAST: up to 3 months
– REGULAR: up to 6 months
A referral is not required for eye examination for glasses.
What kind of equipment do you use in your centre?
Among others, we use the following equipment at VIDIM Eye Centre:
– An auto kerato-refractometer (Tomey), which is an automated refractive error and corneal curvature meter. Every eye examination in the eye clinic starts with this measurement.
– A pneumo-tonometer (Tomey) is an automatic measuring device for intraocular pressure which is used for preventive detection of elevated intraocular pressure.
– The perimeter (Tomey) is used to examine the width of the visual field, especially in patients suffering from glaucoma and diabetes.
– The TRK-1P auto kerato-refracto-pneumo-pachy meter (Topcon) is the latest automatic lensmeter that also measures corneal curvature, corneal thickness and intraocular pressure. This device combines 4 devices in one.
– The Visutron digital phoropter (Moller Wedel) and the CV-5000 PC digital phoropter (Topcon) are automatic instruments with built-in dioptric lenses for determining the appropriate correction for prescription glasses for both hyperopia and myopia. The custumer looks at a certain distance through the apertures of the device while the ophthalmologist uses a computer to change the optical power in front of each eye to find the most suitable prescription for the individual. Phoropter is a modern replacement for older testing devices.
– The Auto lens-analyzer EZ 200 (Topcon) is an automatic optical power meter for measuring the optical power of glasses.
– The Pentacam (Oculus) is a special laser camera that allows a precise examination of the anterior segment of the eye, i.e. corneal topography, anterior chamber depth, anterior chamber angle, early signs of cataract, and for diagnosis of many eye diseases as well as for measurements and preoperative preparation.
– The IOL master (Zeiss) is an optical (laser) meter for measuring the eye curvature, eye length and distances between structures in the eye. It is used for measurements and accurate preparation before cataract surgery to calculate the refractive errors and the shape of the intraocular lens (IOL) to be inserted in the eye during surgery. It is a lot more accurate than an ultrasound (A-scan) and it is practically impossible to perform quality refractive surgery without it.
– The YAG laser (NIDEK) is a laser used for capsulotomy of the posterior lens capsule in patients who experience blurry vision after cataract surgery. This occurs in less than 7% of all patients within 2 years after cataract surgery and never reoccurs after the procedure.
– The OCT camera, or Optical Coherence Tomography (Topcon) camera, combines a high quality non-mydriatic fundus camera for capturing retinal images and an infrared camera to analyze and assess the condition of the front part of the eye, the retina and the optic nerve. By analyzing images and measurements, the camera produces a 3D image of the eye, which helps us detect and monitor early glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration and other eye diseases.
Book a free consultation or check-up with a specialist!
Are you thinking about getting rid of glasses or contact lenses for good but don’t have enough information to take this important step in your life? Then book a consultation with our experts.Make an appointment!